Thursday, September 11, 2014

Three Things for Fall




I've been thinking a lot about purchases I'd like to make to update my closet for the coming chillier months, and I think I've narrowed it down to three purchases:

A blush silk blouse
The Silk Point Collar - Blush – Everlane
I know right - color! The fashion gods almighty keeps hailing blush as "THE" color of the fall, and I'm inclined to agree. It's such a universally flattering shade, and I love the way it looks with black. A blush silk blouse half-tucked into black skinny jeans with a pair of black ankle boots? Swoon. So comfortable, so easy for class, and perfect for work.


I'm a big fan of this round collared blouse from Everlane pictured above - there are no boob-pockets (yeeesss), and at $79, the price is right.

Other options - the Spotlight blouse in wet boulder from Madewell. It's currently 30% the original $110.


Silver brogues
Yeah, I know I'm late to the party on this one - apparently silver brogues were really big last fall, but I can't help but still want a pair. Wouldn't they be fun with a black dress + black tights? I'm a huge fan of the way Olivia Palermo has worn them in the past to jazz up relatively simple outfits.

Glamour-Glutton-Fall-Street-Style-Silver-Brogues-Olivia-Palermo
These Kate Spade oxfords in acciaio are the dream. (Words I never thought I'd use in the same sentence - "Kate Spade" and "dream.) They're a perfect tarnished silver with visible broguing and a relatively short toe. Unfortunately, the $278 price tag is a downer.

The quality may be more questionable, but at $57 (plus an additional 25% off right now for college students ayoo), these London Rebel oxfords ASOS are a much sweeter deal.

and last but not least....

Heeled black ankle boots


Since moving to Chicago from Florida three years ago, I've slowly been building up my boot collection. I have black and brown pairs of riding boots; a great pair of brown, ankle-height Fryes; black Chelsea boots; and a very uncomfortable pair of navy heeled booties from TopShop. (But they were on sale.) However, what I've realized I'm missing is a pair of slightly heeled boots for everyday wear. The kind I can thrown on equally well with a pair of cuffed jeans or with a dress for dinner.

This realization led me down a rabbit hole to Rachel Comey's "Mars" bootie (pictured above). I feel like a middle schooler with a crush again. These boots are perfect. I am in love. And much like my middle school relationships, this love is unrequited. Because these boots are $400 freakin' dollars. Yeah, that's not a price that loves me back.
Maybe I if I sell a kidney....?

xo,
Kerry




No comments:

Post a Comment